Welcome. Let me show you how I try to make my home a Heaven for me and my family.
I'll show you my projects to beautify my home and my progress as I conquer my clutter and turn my 120 year old farm house into my dream home.
I'll share my best recipes and my new experiments too.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Homemade Graham Crackers .... YUM


Here they are! Homemade Graham Crackers. I once found the recipe online. I've made it once before, but this time... Oh Baby! YUM! they are so much better than anything out there.

I used raw cane sugar instead of the brown sugar. And the only butter I had was our homegrown and homemade goats butter. I didn't have any vanilla so I used almond extract. They are soft graham goodness.

Recipe:
mix together in a bowl
31/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

cream together
1/2 C butter
1/4 C brown sugar (I used raw cane sugar)

then add
1/4 C honey
1 tsp. vanilla (I used 1/4 tsp. almond extract)

now alternately mix in
flour mixture
&
3/4 C water


*cover dought and let sit 30 min
*divide into 2 and place in sprayed sheets
*pat into 1/2 inch thickness, then sprinkle with flour and roll to abt. 1/4 inch thickness
* cut into squares or rectangles

Bake @ 325F for 30 min (till lightly brown around the edges)

Cool and enjoy with a nice cold glass of goats milk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment