Welcome. Let me show you how I try to make my home a Heaven for me and my family.
I'll show you my projects to beautify my home and my progress as I conquer my clutter and turn my 120 year old farm house into my dream home.
I'll share my best recipes and my new experiments too.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Zucchini Bread - no, not the spice cake type

Well, I have a recipe I worked out once for bread, that had pumpkin puree and yogurt in it.
I didn't have any pumpkin in my freezer, but in my fridge was a lonely zucchini.
So fondly remembering my very first Y.W. girls camp back in Denmark, I thought I'd do a zucchini bread like the one, one of the ward leaders daughters brought up for us one day. It was a loaf of bread with little green specks in it. And it was wonderful.

Here it is, almost straight out of the oven.
It stood in the pan for abt 10min before I removed it.

And the first slice. I ate is before I could get any goats butter on it.


Recipe:

in mixing bowl, whisk together, and let stand a few minutes
1/2 c warm water
1 Tbs salt
3 Tbs dry yeast
1/4 C honey

add, and attach to mixer
2 C yogurt (I use homemade goat yogurt)
2C grated zucchini

start the mixer, add one thing at a time and mix in
4 C whole wheat flour
1/3 oil (I use olive if I have it)
2 C white flour
3 eggs (I usually don't use eggs, but our chickens are going crazy out there)
2 C white flour more..
at this point start adding more white flour, till it looks "right" (for me that was 1 1/2C)

It will stick a bit to your fingers when you touch the dough.

*Cover with a damp cloth and let rice till dbl.
*Cut into 3 pieces, shape and put in sprayed bread pans.
*let rise till they are the size you want your loaves

Bake @ 350F for 30 min


No comments:

Post a Comment